Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionNOTE: You are purchasing a standalone product; MyCommunicationLab(R) does t come packaged with this content. If you would like to purchase both the physical text and MyCommunicationLab search for 0134126920 / 9780134126920 Human Communication in Society plus MyCommunicationLab for Introduction to Communication - Access Card Package, 4/e, which contains: *0133754006 / 9780133754001 Human Communication in Society, 4/e *0133882942 / 9780133882940 MyCommunicationLab for Introduction to Communication Access Card MyCommunicationLab should only be purchased when required by an instructor. A Comprehensive Look at Human Interaction Human Communication in Society takes an enhanced look at the relationship between humans and their societies through a contemporary critical lens. By examining history and societal structures as a means to assess modes of human communication, the text helps readers to understand the theory and context of the way people interact. The Fourth Edition uses new examples, illustrations, and pedagogical materials to highlight the importance of understanding multiple perceptions when studying communication. By addressing vital forms of communication such as listening, responding, verbal/n-verbal communication, and perception, Human Communication in Society addresses the subject of interpersonal interaction from a holistic standpoint. Also available with MyCommunicationLab MyCommunicationLab for the Introduction to Communication course extends learning online, engaging students and improving results. Media resources with assignments bring concepts to life, and offer students opportunities to practice applying what they've learned. And MediaShare offers an easy, mobile way for students and instructors to interact and engage with speeches, visual aids, group projects, and other files. Please te: this version of MyCommunicationLab does t include an eText. Human Communication in Society, Fourth Edition is also available via REVEL(TM), an immersive learning experience designed for the way today's students read, think, and learn.
- Author BiographyJess Alberts is the President's Professor in the Hugh Downs School of Human Communication at Arizona State University. She is an interpretive scholar who focuses on interpersonal communication and specializes in the study of conflict. Thomas Nakayama is a professor in the Department of Communication Studies at Northeastern University. He is a critical scholar who focuses on rhetoric and intercultural communication. Judith Martin is a professor in the Hugh Downs School of Human Communication at Arizona State University. She is a social scientist whose expertise is in intercultural communication.
- Author(s)Jess K. Alberts,Judith N. Martin,Thomas K. Nakayama
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication06/02/2015
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight920 g
- Width216 mm
- Height275 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.