All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis major theoretical work takes existing work on the emotions in significantly new directions. It gives a comprehensive account of emotions, beginning with general sociological principles, moving over important theory construction of social formation and applying this to a detailed and unified 'grand' theory of human emotions. Presenting a unified view of the emotions in the social universe, the book explores the relationships between emotions, social structure, and culture. Turner hypotheses how social structure and culture affect emotional arousal in humans, and vice versa. This book is essential reading for undergraduate and postgraduate students researching sociology of emotions, social psychology, and contemporary social theory, and is also relevant for students and researchers working in the fields of psychology and cultural studies.
- Author BiographyJonathan H. Turner is Distinguished Professor of Sociology at the University of California, Riverside.
- Author(s)Jonathan H. Turner
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication21/06/2007
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note20 black & white illustrations, 16 black & white tables, 20 black & white line drawings
- Weight589 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.03Trending at AU $32.48
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $43.10
- AU $43.72Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.14
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $42.71Trending at AU $48.94
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.