All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionHuman Factors in the Chemical and Process Industries: Making it Work in Practice is a comprehensive overview of human factors within this sector, focusing on the practical application. It has been written by ackwledged industry experts from the Keil Centre, which is a leading practice of chartered ergomics and human factors specialists, chartered safety specialists, registered occupational psychologists, and registered clinical psychologists. The book was inspired by the international human factors training course run by the Keil Centre with the IChemE, which has reached four continents across the world. The book is written for those who want a comprehensive overview of the subject, focusing on the practical application of human factors. It has been written for safety professionals, engineers and operational disciplines within industry, and those aspiring to these disciplines, who either deal with human factors issues or any aspect of the 'human element' in their core role. The book explains what 'human factors' is about and how human factors issues are best managed from a practical perspective. It will help readers develop a greater understanding of the area and how to establish more effective solutions for human factors related issues.
- Author BiographyJanette is a Chartered Ergonomics and Human Factors Specialist. She won the William F Floyd Award in 1999, and has been a director of the Keil Centre since 2009. Janette has a wide range of experience within industries including oil & gas, petrochemical, chemical processing and plastics, nuclear, manufacturing, the emergency services, defense, rail, telecoms, and medical products. She has been a human factors manager for several engineering / design projects and has considerable experience of human factors applied to operational assets, incident investigation and expert testimony.
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication29/09/2016
- SubjectOther Specific Technologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1270 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edited byJanette Edmonds,The Keil Centre
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.