All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOffering a positive view of the family, Cox's HUMAN INTIMACY: MARRIAGE, THE FAMILY, AND ITS MEANING, Eleventh Edition discusses the characteristics of successful intimate relationships, and teaches the decision-making skills that lead to strong marriages and families. You'll find coverage of such topics as diversity within the American family (including rural and military families), gay marriage, singles, cohabitation, gender roles, theories of love, date rape and courtship violence, and parenting and life stages.
- Author BiographyFrank Cox holds a Ph.D. in Educational Psychology from the University of California, Santa Barbara, and has taught marriage and family courses at Santa Barbara City College since 1962. He is also author of THE AIDS BOOKLET (McGraw Hill)), YOUTH, MARRIAGE AND THE SEDUCTIVE SOCIETY (William C. Brown), AMERICAN MARRIAGE: A CHANGING SCENE (William C. Brown), and other books on marriage and relationships. Kevin Demmitt is an Associate Professor of Sociology at Clayton College and State University near Atlanta, Georgia. He received his M.A. degree at Arizona State University and his Ph.D. from Purdue University. He has taught the Sociology of Marriage and Family, and a wide array of other courses, at large state universities and smaller, liberal arts colleges throughout his career. His research and writing has focused on the relationship between family, work, and religion, but he has also researched topics related to politics, religion, and education. Professor Demmitt also conducts workshops on the effective use of computers in the classroom.
- Author(s)Frank Cox,Kevin Demmitt
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication30/01/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationBelmont, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Content Notecolour tables, figures
- Weight1020 g
- Width205 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edition Statement11th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.12
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.48
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.