All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.23
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.11
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.87
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.29
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.89
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.02
About this product
- DescriptionFinnish philosopher Ei Kaila wrote a classic statement of logical empiricism. Having experienced the foundational debates of the Vienna Circle in 1929, Kaila was a keen follower of the further developments of the Circle. His syptic presentation and analysis of the basic themes, or theses, of the movement was based on his lectures as professor of theoretical philosophy at the University of Helsinki. The work appeared as a book in Finnish in 1939 and a Swedish translation by Georg Henrik von Wright followed immediately. Earlier, a translation of his philosophical essays from the original German, entitled Reality and Experience, appeared in 1979. However, this is the first translation of Kaila's major epistemological work, which remains a source for re-evaluations of Logical Empiricism.
- Author BiographyFinnish philosopher, critic, and teacher Eino Kaila (1890--1958) worked in numerous fields, including psychology, physics, and theater, and attempted to find unifying principles behind various branches of human and natural sciences. George A. Reisch is the author of How the Cold War Transformed Philosophy of Science: To the Icy Slopes of Logic. He lives in Chicago.Anssi Korhonen is the author of Logic as Universal Science: Russell's Early Logicism and its Philosophical Context. Juha Manninen is the editor of The Vienna Circle in the Nordic Countries: Networks and Transformations of Logical Empiricism. Ilkka Niiniluoto is the author of Truthlikeness. Korhonen, Manninen, and Niiniluoto live in Helsinki, Finland.
- Author(s)Eino Kaila
- PublisherOpen Court Publishing Co ,U.S.
- Date of Publication29/05/2014
- Series TitleFull Circle Series
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOpen Court Publishing Co ,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white line drawings, black & white tables, figures
- Weight357 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byGeorge A. Reisch,Ilkka Niiniluoto,Juha Manninen
- Translated byAnssi Korhonen
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.