All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $71.74
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.89
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.83
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.55
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.04
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.67
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.44
About this product
- DescriptionA succinct review of hundreds of studies on the regulation of protein mass and protein turver in the human body. The book summarizes the biochemistry of protein synthesis and breakdown, and explains the methods that are used to examine protein metabolism in humans, together with their limitations. Chapters review the effects of nutrition, hormones, metabolic substrates, and physical activity, while various topics of clinical interest include cancer, diabetes, tissue injury, pregnancy, renal disease, muscular dystrophies, and other conditions. Normal values are presented for turver of proteins in the whole body and individual organs, and for turver of many individual proteins. This is thus a valuable resource for physiologists, nutritionists, and clinicians interested in the regulation of body protein stores in health and disease. For scientists primarily interested in the basic aspects of protein metabolism, it shows how the basic kwledge is being applied to the study of humans.
- Author(s)Stephen Welle
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication27/09/2012
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note18 black & white tables, biography
- Weight468 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.