Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.47
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
About this product
- DescriptionThis title includes a number of Open Access chapters. Human resource management is the strategic approach to management of an organization's most valuable asset-its people. It covers the recruitment, management, and direction of people who work for the organization and deals with employee compensation and benefits, hiring and training, performance management, organization development, safety and wellness, and organizational communication. Human Resource Management: Issues, Challenges and Opportunities covers a broad array of topics on human resources management, including new emphasis on corporate social commitment, management practices that are essential for retaining effective professionals, financial rewards to stimulate longer workforce participation, entrepreneurial leadership, examination of leadership styles in different countries, dealing with organizational change, teamwork and employee resistance, integrating human resources aspects with corporate goals, and more. This book provides an interesting group of chapters that shed light on a variety of international human resources management styles and practices. The competitive nature of twenty-first-century global commerce requires that businesses be managed strategically by managers who are kwledgeable in the principles of the field. The efficient, nexploitive use of human resources is essential to building successful businesses around the world.
- Author BiographyRae Simons is a successful business manager in Binghamton, New York, who is well acquainted with the demands and details of management. With degrees earned in both psychology and education (from the State University of New York), she brings practical and wide-ranging insights to the field of business management. She has written extensively for numerous publications on business and other topics, including publishers such as Barbour Books, Greenwood, and Facts on File.
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication15/04/2011
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight680 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byRae Simons
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound,Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.