All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.26
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionOccupational Health and Safety (OHS) is a complex area which interacts widely with a broader spectrum of business interests and concerns. To date OHS has been confined to the periphery of Human Resource Management (HRM), where its role, influence and importance have been overlooked. This text sets out to reposition OHS in HRM and business agendas. This book unravels the complex range of factors affecting OHS policy, practice and outcomes. These factors are then placed into context within the international airline, call centre and nuclear power industries. The author presents a wide range of primary and secondary research in order to offer an accessible framework for OHS in contemporary occupational settings. This book will be essential reading for students, practitioners and professional academic audiences who seek a broader understanding of the relationship and interaction between HRM principles, policies and practices and OHS.
- Author BiographyCarol Boyd is a Lecturer in Human Resource Management. Her main research areas include Occupational Health and Safety and Emotional Labour. During her first degree she worked for an UIC airline which inspired her interest in cabin crew health and safety issues. She graduated with first class honours in Industrial Relations in 1996 from the University of Strathclyde and completed her PhD in Research in Human Resource Management in 2001. She has been lecturing on Industrial Relations and HRM since 1999 at the University of Glasgow.
- Author(s)Carol Boyd
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication22/05/2003
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleRoutledge Advances in Management and Business Studies
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo.26
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note5 tables
- Weight430 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.