All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $168.19
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $105.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.30
About this product
- DescriptionOrganizations regularly assume that the culture, values, dynamic and organization of their temporary project organizations are merely a smaller version of the original parent. Given that project organizations are made up of people and teams drawn, in most cases, from outside and inside the parent, these assumptions are nsensical. But they do explain why the HR function finds it difficult to adapt to the project environment. Martina Huemann's research in Human Resource Management in the Project-Oriented Organization, offers insight into an approach that is designed to align HR to the needs of the project organization, in terms of management structure, reward, recruitment and performance systems. The text analyses how the modern HR organization stacks up alongside the temporary organization that is the project, to identify the HR constraints and needs of the project organisation and offer a model of project-oriented HRM. Professor Huemann had a deep interest in how and why change processes come into existence and how to design and enable them. In her book she endeavors to bridge theory and practice, strategy and operations.
- Author BiographyProfessor Dr Martina Huemann is internationally recognized for being one of the pioneers in Human Resource Management in project-oriented organizations. As a Professor at the WU Vienna University of Economics and Business, she heads the Project Management Group in the Department Strategy and Innovation and is the Academic Director of the Professional MBA Program: Project Management. Martina Huemann has strong links in the research and practice communities. She served on the Research Management Board of the International Project Management Association and is currently a member of the Academic Member Advisory Group at the Project Management Institute. In Austria she is a board member of Projekt Management Austria. She is Associate Editor of the International Journal of Project Management. Outside of academia; Martina Huemann has more than 15 years of consulting and developing experience. She is co-founder and manager of enable2change - a network of independent experts who enable organizations and people to turn strategy into action.
- Author(s)Martina Huemann
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication16/10/2015
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGower Publishing Ltd
- Content NoteIncludes 34 b&w illustrations
- Weight580 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.