Human Resources Management for Health Care Organizations: A Strategic Approach by Donald N. Lombardi, Joan E. Pynes (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $160.17+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $116.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a comprehensive guide to the essential areas of health care human resources management, and is an immediately useful practical handbook for practitioners as well as a textbook for use health care management programs. Written by the authors of Handbook for the New Health Care Manager and Human Resources Management for Public and Nonprofit Organizations, the book covers the context of human resources management in the unique health care business arena from a strategic perspective includes SHRM and human resources planning, organizational culture and assessment, and the legal environment of human resources management. Managing volunteers and job analysis perfor-mance appraisal instruments, training and development programs, and recruitment, targeted selection and hiring techniques are covered. Compensation poli-cies and practices, employer-provided benefits management, implementation of training and organizational development programs, as well as labor-management relations for health care organizations and healthcare human resource information techlogy are covered, with practical examples and proven strategies amply provided in each chapter.
- Author BiographyJoan E. Pynes is Professor of Public Administration in the Department of Government and International Affairs at the University of South Florida. She received her bachelor's degree in public justice from SUNY Oswego and her PhD in public administration from Florida Atlantic University. She is the author or co-author of five books, most recently Effective Nonprofit Management: Context and Environment and Human Resources Management for Public and Nonprofit Organizations: A Strategic Approach, Third Edition. She has written or co-written more than fifty academic articles, book chapters, technical reports, and encyclopedia entries about public and nonprofit human resources management. Donald N. Lombardi is Industry Professor of Healthcare, director of the Stevens Healthcare Educational Partnership, and academic director of the Veterans Office at Stevens Institute of Technology in Hoboken, New Jersey. He has consulted to more than 170 health care organizations in all 50 states and ten foreign countries, has developed seven accreditation programs for the American College of Healthcare Executives since 1986, and has written eleven books, including Handbook for the New Health Care Manager. Dr. Lombardi holds more than fifty U.S. copyrights on organizational planning, management, and development systems for text, on-site, and on-line delivery.
- Author(s)Donald N. Lombardi,Joan E. Pynes
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication09/02/2012
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight746 g
- Width178 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.