All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWritten largely by Canadian scholars for Canadian readers, this overview of contemporary human rights concerns introduces the human rights instruments-provincial, national, and international-which protect Canadians. The volume begins with an outline of the history of human rights before moving on to discuss such important topics as the relationship between political institutions and rights protection, rights issues pertaining to specific communities, and cross-cutting rights issues that affect most or all citizens. Contemporary and comprehensive, Human Rights: Current Issues and Controversies is a valuable resource for anyone interested in learning more about human rights.
- Author BiographyGordon DiGiacomo obtained his doctorate in political science in 2010 from Carleton University. Most of his career, prior to entering the academic world in 2003, was devoted to working on issues pertaining to labour rights. His introduction to rights and rights instruments came in the early 1980s when, like other ministerial assistants at the time, he was engaged in the promotion of a constitutionally entrenched charter of rights for Canadians. Among the courses he teaches at the University of Ottawa is the Politics of Human Rights.
- PublisherUniversity of Toronto Press
- Date of Publication10/02/2016
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Toronto Press
- Content Note1
- Weight740 g
- Width153 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byGordon DiGiacomo
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.09
- AU $32.49Trending at AU $38.03
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $11.66Trending at AU $14.91
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.57
- AU $30.99Trending at AU $39.95
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.