Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionThe effective implementation of human rights treaty obligations in national law is subject to increasing attention. The main responsibility for the international monitoring of national implementation at the global level is entrusted to the UN human rights treaty bodies. These bodies are established by the respective human rights conventions and are composed of independent experts. This book examines three aspects of these bodies: the legal aspects of their structure, functions and decisions; their effectiveness in ensuring respect for human rights obligations; and the legitimacy of these bodies and their decisions. Containing contributions from a variety of eminent legal experts, including present and former members of the treaty bodies, the analysis should be read in light of the ongoing effort to strengthen treaty bodies under the auspices of the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights and with the involvement of relevant stakeholders.
- Author BiographyHelen Keller is Professor of Constitutional, European and Public International Law at the University of Zurich. She served as a member of the UN Human Rights Committee from 2008 until 2011, when she was elected as a judge at the European Court of Human Rights. Geir Ulfstein is Professor of International Law at the Department of Public and International Law, University of Oslo. He is also a former Director of the Norwegian Centre for Human Rights.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication02/07/2015
- SubjectInternational Law: Professional
- Series TitleStudies on Human Rights Conventions
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight650 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byGeir Ulfstein,Helen Keller
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.