All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionWe w live in a world which thinks through the legislative implications of criminal justice with one eye on human rights. Human Rights and the Criminal Justice System provides comprehensive coverage of human rights as it relates to the contemporary criminal justice system. As well as being a significant aspect of international governance and global justice, Amatrudo and Blake argue here that human rights have also eclipsed the rhetoric of religion in contemporary moral discussion. This book explores topics such as terrorism, race, and the rights of prisoners, as well as existing legal structures, court practices, and the developing literature in Crimilogy, Law and Political Science, in order to critically review the relationship between the developing body of human rights theory and practice, and the criminal justice system. This book will be of considerable interest to those with academic concerns in this area; as well as providing an accessible, yet sophisticated, resource for upper level undergraduate and postgraduate human rights courses.
- Author BiographyAnthony Amatrudo is currently Reader in Criminology at Middlesex University and a Visiting Fellow at St Edmund's College, Cambridge and Visiting Scholar at the Institute of Criminology, University of Cambridge. He was a Senior Visiting Fellow at the Nathanson Centre for Transnational Human Rights, Crime and Security at Osgoode Hall Law School, Toronto in 2012- 2013. Leslie Blake is a lecturer in Law at the School of Law of the University of Surrey and a member of the Committee of Islington Legal Advice Centre, London. He was called to the Bar by Lincoln's Inn in 1972.
- Author(s)Anthony Amatrudo,Leslie William Blake
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication14/08/2014
- SubjectInternational Law: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight453 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.