All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis edited volume examines the continued viability of international human rights law in the context of growing transnational law enforcement. With states increasingly making use of global governance modes, core exercises of public authority, such as migration control, surveillance, detention and policing, are increasingly conducted extraterritorially, outsourced to foreign governments, or delegated to n-state actors. New forms of cooperation raise difficult questions about divided, shared and joint responsibility under international human rights law. At the same time, some governments engage in transnational law enforcement exactly to avoid such responsibilities, creatively seeking to navigate the complex, overlapping and sometimes unclear bodies of international law. As such, this volume argues that this area represents a particular dark side of globalisation, requiring both scholars and practitioners to revisit basic assumptions and legal strategies. It will be of great interest to students, scholars and practitioners of international relations, human rights and public international law.
- Author BiographyThomas Gammeltoft-Hansen is Research Director at the Raoul Wallenberg Institute for Human Rights and Humanitarian Law at Lund University, Sweden. Jens Vedsted-Hansen is Professor at the School of Law, Aarhus University, Denmark.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication12/12/2016
- SubjectInternational Law: Professional
- Series TitleRoutledge Studies in Human Rights
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, 1 black & white line drawings
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byJens Vedsted-Hansen,Thomas Gammeltoft-Hansen
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.18
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.99
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.42
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $36.83Trending at AU $37.88
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.28
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.77
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.