All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSpecifically designed for educational use in international relations, law, political science, ecomics, and philosophy classes, Human Rights in the World Community treats the full range of human rights issues, including key paradoxes and contestations surrounding human rights, implementation problems, and processes involving international, national, and ngovernmental action. This new, expanded edition reflects the global, large-scale change that has occurred in the field of human rights, including the rise of terrorism and the triple threats of climate change, nuclear proliferation, and poverty, and each section features, as in previous editions, provocatively probing discussion questions. For the first time, the book's set of appendices are available online: a bibliography, which encourages further study; an antated human rights filmography; and the texts of, and citations to, key human rights instruments. Contributors: Seyla Benhabib, Fiona Beveridge, Claudia Card, Richard Pierre Claude, Wade M. Cole, Karen Engle, Tony Evans, Richard Fairbrother, Richard A. Falk, Judy Fudge, Cor Gearty, Anna Grear, Cindy Holder, Paul Hunt, Bonny Ibhawoh, Michael Ignatieff, Ratna Kapur, Harold Hongju Koh, Scott Leckie, Richard B. Lillich, Stephen P. Marks, Susan Marks, Robert McCorquodale, Daniel Moeckli, Siobhan Mullally, Martha C. Nussbaum, Jordan J. Paust, Christopher N. J. Roberts, Douglas Roche, Dinah L. Shelton, Penelope Simons, Margaret R. Somers, Felisa L. Tibbitts, Jonathan Todres, Ineke van der Valk, Jeremy Waldron, Burns H. Weston, Hannah Wittman.
- Author BiographyBurns H. Weston (1933-2015) was the Bessie Dutton Murray Distinguished Professor of Law Emeritus and Founder and Senior Scholar of the Center for Human Rights at The University of Iowa. Anna Grear is Professor of Law and Theory at Cardiff University School of Law and Politics, Editor in Chief of the Journal of Human Rights and the Environment, and Director of the Global Network for the Study of Human Rights and the Environment (GNHRE).
- PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania Press
- Date of Publication31/01/2016
- SubjectPolitics & Government: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitlePennsylvania Studies in Human Rights
- Place of PublicationPennsylvania
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Pennsylvania Press
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Edited byAnna Grear,Burns H. Weston
- Edition StatementFourth Edition
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $67.12Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.52
- AU $29.12Trending at AU $29.58
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.