Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.74Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionHumanity's Future examines the psychological and social impact of likely future events related to advanced techlogy. Will humanity feel useless in a future where most tasks are automated and robots do all the work? Will society experience alienation and angst, collapsing into a state of decadence and corruption? How might we improve ourselves, as techlogy advances in unprecedented ways? Who gets to decide? Can we advance civilization and eliminate gecide and war? Philosophical, scientific and pragmatic issues interwine complexly here, and uncertainties abound, but Dr. Friedenberg unravels the various possiblities with a masterful clarity.
- Author BiographyJay Friedenberg is Professor of Psychology at Manhattan College where he teaches courses in neuroscience, cognition and visual perception. He is an active researcher in the field of empirical aesthetics and has authored several textbooks in the fields of of cognitive science, artificial intelligence and dynamical systems.
- Author(s)Jay Friedenberg
- Date of Publication05/06/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPopular Science
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight254 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.