All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor many years, the great poet Von Humboldt Fleisher and Charlie Citrine, a young man inflamed with a love for literature, were the best of friends. At the time of his death, however, Humboldt is a failure, and Charlie's life has reached a low point: his career is at a standstill, and he's enmeshed in an acrimonious divorce, infatuated with a highly unsuitable young woman and involved with a neurotic mafioso. And then Humboldt acts from beyond the grave, bestowing upon Charlie an unexpected legacy that may just help him turn his life around.
- Author BiographySaul Bellow's dazzling career as a novelist has been marked with numerous literary prizes, including the 1976 Nobel Prize, and the Gold Medal for the Novel. His other books include Dangling Man, The Adventures of Augie March, Herzog, More Die of Heartbreak, Mosby's Memoirs and Other Stories, Mr Sammler's Planet, Seize The Day and The Victim. Saul Bellow died in 2005.
- Author(s)Saul Bellow
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication27/09/2007
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitlePenguin Modern Classics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Classics
- Weight340 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Introduction byJeffrey Eugenides
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.13
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.03
- AU $12.61Trending at AU $17.01
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.