Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $30.87Trending at AU $31.45
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
About this product
- DescriptionA true and inspirational autobiography, written straight from the heart. Hummingbird is for those of you who enjoy real-life stories, inspirational books, have challenges, like challenges, self-improvement and awareness - or just like to be truly moved by a book. Deborah invites you to share her uplifting story - an emotional journey that takes you to Costa Rica, India, China, Mount Kilimanjaro and to London's Central Criminal Court, The Old Bailey. When Deborah was eight years old her father was diagsed with a hereditary and degenerative disorder, for which there is cure. Discovering that all of her five children had a 50 per cent risk of developing the disease, Deborah's mother was faced with the heart-breaking task of telling her children the tragic news. With test available, Deborah grew up under a cloud of uncertainty which affected her life and her decisions from that time on, in a profound way. After many years of struggling with her sadness, two of Deborah's brothers were tested positive for the disease. Her brother Nigel decided that he didn't want to live with the condition but did t want to die alone. When she left for her holiday to Costa Rica that year, Deborah had idea that the death of a little baby hummingbird would turn her life around so unexpectedly and so profoundly. Meeting her guru and learning about a better way to cope, Deborah finally started to see the black cloud shift and the rainbow appear. Uncovering a hidden emotion that her subconscious had been afraid to ackwledge, she finally got in touch with the joy that is the very essence of us all. It's like 'Eat, pray, love' with guts .. journalist Fiona Locke The two most common messages that Deborah gets from her readers are: 1. I couldn't put it down 2. Thank you for writing it.
- Author BiographyDeborah Goodman is a practicing holistic therapist and infant massage instructor. She is a fundraiser for the Huntington's disease community and enjoys trekking, swimming, travelling, inspirational speaking, yoga, meditation, dancing, singing, having fun and positive thinking.
- Author(s)Deborah Goodman
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication04/03/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight411 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.