All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionHunayn Ibn Ishaq (809-73), one of the most prolific early medieval translators of classical works, rendered hundreds of Greek volumes into Syriac and Arabic. This treatise on his Galen translations illuminates Ishaq's efforts and their ninth-century context while recognizing that the translation movement had actually begun centuries earlier with Christians, Jews, and others. Offering the definitive Arabic text with a modern English translation and apparatus, this volume will be essential for anyone interested in the transmission of kwledge in the Late Antique and early Islamic Middle East.
- Author BiographyJohn C. Lamoreaux is associate professor of religious studies at Southern Methodist University and the author of several books.
- Author(s)Hunain Ibn Ishaq
- PublisherBrigham Young University Press
- Date of Publication15/12/2015
- LanguageArabic & English
- Series TitleBYU - Eastern Christian Texts
- Place of PublicationUtah
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBrigham Young University Press
- Weight544 g
- Width160 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.