CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionHungry For Life has articulated a bold vision to see the world transformed by a global movement of compassion and justice evidenced by the eradication of needless suffering. However, this vision will only be realized when selfless values and resulting actions are lived out by an ever increasing number of God's people. The author presents a concise summary of physical poverty in the developing world and spiritual poverty in the developed world. Against the backdrop of these problems, he then paints a biblical picture of a compassionate community of faith, comparing the contemporary Western Church against what it was intended to look like. The final section includes the core value changes necessary for the Church to rediscover its place as a relevant force of love and compassion. This book is a prophetic call for followers of Christ, and specifically their leaders, to move away from religious institutionalism and move toward lives of simplicity and compassion.
- Author BiographyDave graduated from Canadian Bible College in 1994 with a Bachelor of Theology and now holds a Masters of Arts in International Non-Profit Leadership from Trinity Western University. He served as a pastor in a Christian & Missionary Alliance church for six years and was ordained in 1998. Dave later served as the Director of Global Operations for Global Aid Network, leading relief and development projects in numerous countries around the world, and in 2003 founded Hungry For Life International, where he works as the Executive Director of a growing team of staff and volunteers. Dave and his wife, Heidi, have two children: Caleb and Abby.
- Author(s)Dave Blundell
- PublisherWestbow Press
- Date of Publication16/02/2010
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationNashville, TN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWestbow Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight572 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsWith printed dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.