All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $63.56Trending at AU $65.17
- AU $79.36Trending at AU $80.64
- AU $62.47Trending at AU $71.31
- AU $60.00Trending at AU $71.19
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $71.74
- AU $30.93Trending at AU $31.73
- AU $28.87Trending at AU $31.73
About this product
- DescriptionFinally, a good ol fashioned children s adventure book! Join Amos Fogley, his adopted sister Kareena Leena and their brilliant neighbor Murphy Maxwell, on an adventure to the rugged Rocky Mountains of Colorado. There, they will hunt for the Rocky Mountain Marmot, the cutest, furriest, beaver-looking critter that you ll ever see. But be careful. Urban monsters, raging rapids, Avalanche Alley and the rotten Jimmy Dinkledine could destroy the entire adventure. So bust out your boots, pack a backpack, activate your marmot magnetizer, and get ready for this hike of a lifetime!
- Author BiographyI am an unashamedly average guy. I'm average height. I made average grades through school. My bank account is very average. And if you challenged me to a footrace, half of you would beat me. Mrs. Long thinks I'm hunky, but that's about it. While growing up in Toronto, Ontario, I struggled with reading. Letters and words tormented me. My first grade teacher, Mrs. Adams, banished me to the Batman reading group for slow readers. That Stunk! I desperately wanted to be in the advanced Bugs Bunny reading group, but it never happened. Although my reading ability sputtered, my imagination flourished. It was my escape. I frequently made appearances at Yankee stadium replacing Reggie Jackson in the cleanup spot. Or an appliance box became the perfect rocket ship that propelled me to Venus and back, just in time for dinner. But I couldn't run from my reading disability forever. At the age of eight, I climbed a tree and pouted, but that wasn't any fun. It was in that tree when I started dreaming. Not only did I promise myself I'd learn to read, but I dreamed of one day writing a book. And I did, almost 35 years later. It was a dream come true! I'm still average. However I'm learning that ordinary people can do ordinary things, if they are willing to dream big dreamz. Currently I'm a vice president at Lifeline Youth & Family Services in Fort Wayne, Indiana. In my free time, I help my kids with homework, mow the yard, pay bills, thread fishing hooks, flirt with my wife, and eat far too many desserts. But when I have time to day dream, I look for ways to turn ordinary days into extraordinary adventures. I love encouraging people to Dream Big Dreamz!
- Author(s)Professor David Long
- PublisherKingsview LLC
- Date of Publication01/09/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleAdventures of Amos and Kareena Leena Fogley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintKingsview LLC
- Weight159 g
- Width147 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Illustrator(s)Alan Pranke
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.