All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $32.13
- AU $74.99Trending at AU $77.01
- AU $12.53Trending at AU $13.05
- AU $46.02Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.82
- AU $28.95Trending at AU $31.76
- AU $12.15Trending at AU $14.05
About this product
- DescriptionSome secrets just won't stay buried. The wind continued to push her, only this time from behind, propelling her quickly, toward the end of his game. She was only too glad to get to the house, to finish on her own terms, so she let the wind drive her forward, the oppressive darkness surrounding her. Simms Mitchell is an Oklahoma girl. She owns a ranch, and she can ride a horse. And, yes she kws what it means when her grandfather says, Dad gummit, that would make a jack rabbit spit in a bulldog's eye. Of course, like every other properly bred southern girl, Simms was raised on football and fried chicken, and she kws never to leave the house without her lipstick on. Simms is rich as sin and as well bred as any daughter of the American Revolution. A former religious cult profiler for the FBI, Simms w devotes her attentions to working for a blue blood law firm, helping abused women get justice, or more often just cash. Justice is pretty darn hard to come by. Simms confronts her latest client's attacker during his deposition but is unprepared for the violent ferocity Robert Torelli unleashes. Wounded and battered after Torelli opens fire during the deposition, Simms must discover why this particular predator wanted her dead and what his connection is to Simms's previous investigation of a quietly growing fringe religious group. Simms races to find Torelli before he can kill again. A task any well bred southern woman can accomplish.
- Author BiographyShannon Davies is a founding partner in the Edmond, Oklahoma law firm, Lester, Loving & Davies, P.C and has served as its Chairman of the Board of Directors since 1996, which means she's a full time practicing lawyer with a lot of experience in litigation and trial practice having successfully tried several complex cases in federal and state court. Shannon is also a full time mother to three fabulous children and wife to her awesome husband of 23 years. Her other full time job is writer. Some people affectionately refer to Shannon as a tornado. At least she hopes it's an affectionate term. She admits she has a lot of energy. When she's not writing, practicing law or driving her children to their many activities, Shannon paints, reads or watches reruns of Smallville. Shannon's first work of fiction, Hunting License, won third place in 2009 Legal Fiction Writing Competition by SEAK International. She is currently hard at work on Liquor License, her second novel in the series about Simms Mitchell, an Oklahoma lawyer and FBI religious cult profiler. Shannon's art work is on display in many Edmond businesses and homes. Shannon has also completed her first script for a web based talk show featuring lawyers and issues concerning Oklahomans.
- Author(s)Shannon Forth
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication20/12/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight449 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.