Hunting the President: Threats, Plots and Assassination Attempts--From FDR to Obama by Mel Ayton (Hardback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $40.28Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $24.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn American history, four U.S. Presidents have been murdered at the hands of an assassin. In each case the assassinations changed the course of American history. But most historians have overlooked or downplayed the many threats modern presidents have faced, and survived. Author Mel Ayton sets the record straight in his new book Hunting the President: Threats, Plots and Assassination Attempts--From FDR to Obama, telling the sensational story of largely forgotten--or never-before revealed--malicious attempts to slay America's leaders. Supported by court records, newspaper archives, government reports, FBI files, and transcripts of interviews from presidential libraries, Hunting the President reveals: * How an armed, would-be assassin stalked President Roosevelt and spent ten days waiting across the street from the White House for his chance to shoot him * How the Secret Service foiled a plot by a Cuban immigrant who told coworkers he was going to shoot LBJ from a window overlooking the president's motorcade route * How a deranged man broke into Reagan's California home and attempted to strangle the former president before he was subdued by Secret Service agents. * In early 1992 a mentally deranged man stalking Bush turned up at the wrong presidential venue for his planned assassination attempt * The relationships presidents held with their protectors and the effect it had on the Secret Service's mission Hunting the President opens the vault of stories about how many of our recent Presidents have come within a hair's breadth of assassination, leaving America's fate in the balance. Most of these stories have remained buried--until w. Includes glossy photo signature of historic pictures and documents
- Author BiographyMel Ayton received his master's degree in history from Durham University, is a former Fulbright Teacher, deputy headmaster, and college lecturer, and lives in County Durham, England. He is also the author of The Forgotten Terrorist: Sirhan Sirhan, and the Assassination of Robert F. Kennedy and, in a review for the Guardian newspaper, he was described as ...one of the few analysts who has fully grasped (the RFK assassination's) Middle East connection. Ayton has appeared in documentaries produced by the National Geographic Channel ( CIA Secret Experiments , 2008) and the Discovery Channel ( CIA- Mind Control 2006, Conspiracy Test: The Robert Kennedy Assassination 2008).
- Author(s)Mel Ayton
- PublisherRegnery Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication22/05/2014
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationWashington DC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRegnery Publishing Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations
- Weight557 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.89Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.72
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $33.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.