All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionQuebrado has been traded from pirate ship to ship in the Caribbean Sea for as long as he can remember. The sailors he toils under call him el quebrado - half islander, half outsider, a broken one. Now the pirate captain Bernardi de Talavera uses Quebrado as a translator to help navigate the worlds and words between his mother's Tai Indian language and his father's Spanish. But when a hurricane sinks the ship and most of its crew, it is Quebrado who escapes to safety. He learns how to live on land again, among people who treat him well. And it is he who must decide the fate of his former captors.
- Author BiographyMargarita Engle is a Cuban American poet, novelist, and journalist whose work has been published in many countries. She is the author of young adult nonfiction books and novels in verse, including The Surrender Tree, a Newbery Honor Book; The Poet Slave of Cuba; The Firefly Letters; and Tropical Secrets. She lives in northern California.
- Author(s)Margarita Engle
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication01/04/2014
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSquare Fish
- Out-of-print date29/08/2015
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight159 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $15.07Trending at AU $18.33
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $26.05
- AU $14.96Trending at AU $23.28
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $14.58
- AU $10.15Trending at AU $12.81
- AU $20.68Trending at AU $23.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.