All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.34
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $37.10Trending at AU $43.40
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.81
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.39
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.01
About this product
- DescriptionThough less iconic than the nimble Spitfire, the Hawker Hurricane was a vital stalwart in the British war effort. The Hurricane was a more stable gun platform than the Spitfire, more rugged, and was used in more challenging theatres of war. An amazing array of leaflets, books and manuals were issued by the Air Ministry during the Second World War to aid pilots flying the Hawker Hurricane fighter. Here, for the first time, they are collated into a single book. An introduction is supplied by expert aviation historian Dilip Sarkar. Sections include Pilots' Notes, aircraft recognition and combat reports.
- Author BiographyDilip Sarkar has published over thirty books on the Battle of Britain. A retired policeman, in 2003 Dilip was made an MBE for services to aviation history, and elected to the Fellowship of the Royal Historical Society in 2006. He lives in Worcester.
- Author(s)Dilip Sarkar
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication14/11/2013
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note40
- Weight272 g
- Width124 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.