All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHare is always raring to go. He races through the day while the ever-patient Tortoise does his best to keep up. Hare, it certainly seems to Tortoise, has boundless energy. So Tortoise has plans for when it is time for Hare to go to bed - a well-deserved rest with a cup of chamomile tea! And, for the first time in the day, it is Tortoise who is in a hurry. He reads speedily, with one eye on his cuppa. But Hare has other ideas. As far as he is concerned, when it's time for his bedtime story from Tortoise, he is longer in a hurry. In fact he wants to take all the time in the world and linger over every picture. After all, some things just shouldn't be rushed! Toddlers will love this simple story, with its cosy farmland setting and lovable characters. And while adults are reading a story that highlights the differences between the energetic and impetuous Hare and the rather more circumspect Tortoise, they will doubt smile as they recognise the parallels with their own experiences of childcare!
- PrizesWinner of Coventry Inspiration Book Awards: Never Too Young Category 2010.
- Author(s)Layn Marlow
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication02/04/2009
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Notein full colour
- Weight162 g
- Width268 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 1
Best-selling in Children's Picture Books
Save on Children's Picture Books
- AU $20.84Trending at AU $22.86
- AU $24.95Trending at AU $27.90
- AU $11.49Trending at AU $13.58
- AU $7.66Trending at AU $11.57
- AU $9.23Trending at AU $13.94
- AU $8.33Trending at AU $13.97
- AU $9.41Trending at AU $13.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.