Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.84
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.43
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $83.68
- AU $13.32Trending at AU $16.97
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $19.69
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.32
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.31
About this product
- DescriptionSarah Price is thirty-five years old. She doesn't feel as though she's getting older, but there are some ticeable changes: a hangover after two beers, the stray gray hair, and, most of all, she's called Mom by two small children. Always responsible, Sarah traded her MFA for a steady job, which allows her husband, Nathan, to write fiction. But Sarah is happy and she believes Nathan is too, until a truth is revealed: Nathan's upcoming vel, Infidelity, is based in fact. Suddenly Sarah's world is turned upside down. Adding to her confusion, Nathan abdicates responsibility for the fate of their relationship and of his vel's publication - a financial lifesaver they have been depending upon - leaving both in Sarah's hands. Reeling from his betrayal, she is plagued by dark questions. How well does she really kw Nathan? And, more important, how well does she kw herself? For answers, Sarah looks back to her artistic twenty-something self to try to understand what happened to her dreams. When did it all seem to change? Pushed from her complacent plateau, Sarah begins to act - for the first time t so responsibly - on all the things she has let go of for so long: her blank computer screen; her best friend, Helen; the volumes of Proust on her bookshelf. And then there is that e-mail in her inbox: a te from Rajiv, a beautiful man from her past who once tempted her to stray. The struggle to find which version of herself is the essential one - artist, wife, or mother - takes Sarah hundreds of miles away from her marriage on a surprising journey.
- Author BiographyLeah Stewart is the author of the novels The Myth of You and Me and Body of a Girl. A recipient of an NEA Literature Fellowship, she lives in Cincinnati, Ohio, with her husband and their two young children. She teaches creative writing at the University of Cincinnati.
- Author(s)Leah Stewart
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication15/05/2011
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteNone
- Weight269 g
- Width135 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.