Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
About this product
- DescriptionThroughout, Kumar retraces the scenes of ruthless killings and rioting while reconsidering history, literature, film, and forms of popular culture, producing a fiercely personal essay on the idea of the enemy.
- Author BiographyAmitava Kumar is Professor of English at Pennsylvania State University. He is the author of Passport Photos and Bombay-London-New York, the editor of several anthologies, including Away: The Indian Writer as an Expatriate, and co-edits the web-journal Politics and Culture. His academic, non-fiction and poetic writing has appeared in The Nation, Harper's, New Statesman, Transition, American Prospect, The Chronicle of Higher Education, Critical Inquiry, Kenyon Review, Amerasia Journal, Colorlines, Frontline, India Today, The Hindu, The Times of India, and a variety of other venues. Kumar is the scriptwriter and narrator of the prize-winning documentary film, Pure Chutney, and the winner of the Asian Age Award for short fiction.
- Author(s)Amitava Kumar
- PublisherThe New Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2004
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe New Press
- Weight420 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine29 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.