All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $44.51Trending at AU $52.90
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
About this product
- DescriptionHybrid Politics examines the combinations and competitions between older and newer media techlogies, practices, actors, contents and logics, by exploring their potential and practical implications in terms of political participation. In this Swift, Laura Iannelli analyses the 'hybridity' of politics in democratic societies from a multidisciplinary perspective, identifying the diverse forms of power and political participation that coexist within the contemporary complex media sphere, and which influence participation in the spheres of institutionalised and protest politics. Building upon rewned global research and original case studies, the book proposes an invative and challenging analytic strategy to understand, explain, and problematise the contemporary complexity of political participation and communication.
- Author BiographyLaura Iannelli is Lecturer of Sociology of Culture and Communication. She received her Ph.D. in Theory and Social Research from Sapienza University in Rome. Since 2011 she has been teaching 'Political Communication and Participation' at the University of Sassari in Sardinia (Italy). In 2014, she was Visiting Scholar at City University London and the University of Leicester. Her primary research focuses on communication processes and political participation. In 2013, she began coordinating a two-year interdisciplinary research project on contemporary public art, activism and performative citizenship, funded by the Region of Sardinia. In 2015, in collaboration with City University London she organized an international conference entitled 'Protest Participation in Variable Communication Ecologies' in Alghero, Italy, and co-edited a special issue on this topic in the journal Information, Communication & Society. She has published various book chapters and articles on media and political participation, and in 2010 authored the book 'Facebook & Co. Sociologia dei Social Network Sites' (Milano: Guerini Scientifica).
- Author(s)Laura Iannelli
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication17/08/2016
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Series TitleSage Swifts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Weight272 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.