All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book encompasses the study of hybrid switching di usion processes and their applications. The word \hybrid signi es the coexistence of c- tinuous dynamics and discrete events, which is one of the distinct features of the processes under consideration. Much of the book is concerned with the interactions of the continuous dynamics and the discrete events. Our motivations for studying such processes originate from emerging and - isting applications in wireless communications, signal processing, queueing networks, production planning, biological systems, ecosystems, nancial engineering, and modeling, analysis, and control and optimization of lar- scale systems, under the in uence of random environments. Displaying mixture distributions, switching di usions may be described by the associated operators or by systems of stochastic di erential eq- tions together with the probability transition laws of the switching actions. We either have Markov-modulated switching di usions or processes with continuous state-dependent switching. The latter turns out to be much more challenging to deal with. Viewing the hybrid di usions as a number of di usions joined together by the switching process, they may be se- ingly t much di erent from their di usion counterpart. Nevertheless, the underlying problems become more di cult to handle, especially when the switching processes depend on continuous states. The di culty is due to the interaction of the discrete and continuous processes and the tangled and hybrid information pattern.
- Author(s)Chao Zhu,G. George Yin
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication25/02/2012
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleStochastic Modelling and Applied Probability
- Series Part/Volume Number63
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight635 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $17.80Trending at AU $22.39
- AU $43.34Trending at AU $44.65
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $37.27
- AU $25.64Trending at AU $34.27
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.66
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.