All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.31Trending at AU $32.13
- AU $75.03Trending at AU $77.01
- AU $12.56Trending at AU $13.05
- AU $46.02Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.82
- AU $28.96Trending at AU $31.76
- AU $12.15Trending at AU $14.05
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the climactic book of Robert J. Sawyer's Neanderthal Parallax trilogy. Torn between two worlds, geneticist Mary Vaughan and Neanderthal physicist Ponter Boddit struggle to find a way to make their relationship work. Aided by banned Neanderthal techlogy, they plan to conceive the first hybrid child, a symbol of hope for the peaceful coexistence of two versions of reality.But after an experiment shows that Mary's religious faith--something completely absent among Neanderthals--is a quirk of Homo sapiens neurology, Ponter and Mary must decide whether their child should be predisposed to atheism or belief. Meanwhile, as Mary's Earth faces the impending collapse of its planetary magnetic field, Mary's boss, the enigmatic Jock Krieger, has turned envious eyes on the unspoiled Eden of the Neanderthal world.In Hybrids, Sawyer concludes his signature speculations about alternative ways to be human, exploding our preconceptions of morality and gender, faith and love.
- Author BiographyRobert J. Sawyer is the author of the Neanderthal Parallax series, including the Hugo Award-winning Hominids, and Humans. He won the Nebula Award for The Terminal Experiment and the Aurora Award for FlashForward, basis for the ABC TV series. He is also the author of the WWW series Wake, Watch and Wonder and many other books. He was born in Ottawa and lives in Toronto.
- Author(s)Robert J Sawyer
- PublisherSt Martin's Press
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Series TitleNeanderthal Parallax
- Series Part/Volume NumberNO. 3 OF 3
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTor Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width140 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.