All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $41.94Trending at AU $81.96
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.30
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.11
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.15
- AU $56.16Trending at AU $56.92
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.32
About this product
- DescriptionThis book covers the advances in the studies of hydrogen-bonding-driven supramolecular systems made over the past decade. It is divided into four parts, with the first introducing the basics of hydrogen bonding and important hydrogen bonding patterns in solution as well as in the solid state. The second part covers molecular recognition and supramolecular structures driven by hydrogen bonding. The third part introduces the formation of hollow and giant macrocycles directed by hydrogen bonding, while the last part summarizes hydrogen bonded supramolecular polymers. This book is designed to bring together in a single volume the many important aspects of hydrogen bonding supramolecular chemistry and will be a valuable resource for graduates and researchers working in supramolecular and related sciences. Zhan-Ting Li, PhD, is a Professor of Organic Chemistry at the Department of Chemistry, Fudan University, China. Li-Zhu Wu, PhD, is a Professor of Organic Chemistry at the Technical Institute of Physics and Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China.
- Author BiographyZhan-Ting Li was born in China in 1966. He received his BS in 1985 from Zhengzhou University and his PhD in organic fluorine chemistry in 1992 under the direction of Prof. Qing-Yun Chen at the Shanghai Institute of Organic Chemistry (SIOC), Chinese Academy of Sciences. Following postdoctoral research stays with Prof. Jan Becher at the University of South Denmark and Prof. Steven C. Zimmerman at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, he served as an Associate Professor and later Full Professor at the SIOC (1996-2010). In 2010, he switched to his present position as a Full Professor at the Department of Chemistry, Fudan University in Shanghai. Prof. Li has co-authored more than 190 peer-reviewed papers and 10 book chapters. His research interests include hydrogen bonding-mediated biomimetic structures and molecular recognition, and conjugated and self-assembled porous structures and functions. Li-Zhu Wu received her BS from Lanzhou University (1990) and PhD from the Technical Institute of Physics and Chemistry (TIPC), Chinese Academy of Sciences (1995) under the direction of Prof. Chen-Ho Tung. She worked as a postdoctoral researcher with Prof. Chi-Ming Che at the University of Hong Kong (1997-1998) and has been a Full Professor at the TIPC since 1998. Prof. Wu has published over 200 research papers, reviews and book chapters. Her research focuses on photochemical conversion, including artificial photosynthesis, visible light-catalysis for efficient and large-scale organic synthesis, photoinduced electron transfer, and energy transfer and chemical reactions in supramolecular systems. She is currently a member of the Editorial Advisory Board of Inorganic Chemistry and Langmuir of ACS.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication13/01/2015
- Series TitleLecture Notes in Chemistry
- Series Part/Volume Number87
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note84 black & white illustrations, 272 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight747 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byLi-Zhu Wu,Zhan-Ting Li
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.