Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.32
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
About this product
- DescriptionAn integrated coverage of the subjects of surface, subsurface, and contaminant hydrology. The author presents the fundamental concepts of physical and contaminant hydrology of watersheds, rivers, lakes, soils, and aquifers in an easy and accessible manner to the environmental professional.</p><ul><li><strong>Prepares the reader to analyze today's environmental problems.</strong></li><li><strong>Many practical examples and solved problems illustrate the concepts. This edition includes clear presentation of concepts, consistent tation, 124 solved examples, 187 proposed problems, 152 illustrations, 71 tables, 46 short computer programs in MAPLE, answers to problems, extensive bibliography.</strong></li><li><strong>State of the art research on groundwater and contaminant transport modeling is explained in a clear fashion.</strong></li><li><strong>Recent research developments in nlinear hydrologic science and simulation are included in this new edition.</strong></li><li><strong>New solutions of nlinear infiltration are presented with simple numerical applications.</strong></li><li><strong>New developments in analytical decomposition are presented as simple and practical means to complex nlinear hydrologic problems, such as regional groundwater flow modeling in homogeneous or heterogeneous media, regular or irregularly-shaped domains, steady or transient problems, multiple pumping wells, and nlinear flow.</strong></li><li><strong>For contaminant transport, new applications to the simulation of nlinear decay, nlinear sorption, and unsaturated-saturated zones contaminant propagation are presented along with simple programs.</strong></li></ul>
- Author BiographyDr. Sergio E. Serrano has over 25 years of experience as a university professor of hydrology, and over 30 years of international professional experience in hydrologic engineering and modeling. He has been an associate editor of various hydrologic journals; the author of over 100 publications in scientific journals and books in the field of hydrology; and a pioneer of several new solutions of nonlinear equations in surface, subsurface, and contaminant hydrology.
- Author(s)Sergio E Serrano
- PublisherHydroscience Inc.
- Date of Publication13/07/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEarth Sciences
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHydroscience Inc.
- Content Note, black & white illustrations
- Weight780 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.