All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
- AU $19.84Trending at AU $29.52
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents recent advances on Kobayashi hyperbolicity in complex geometry, especially in connection with projective hypersurfaces. This is a very active field, t least because of the fascinating relations with complex algebraic and arithmetic geometry. Foundational works of Serge Lang and Paul A. Vojta, among others, resulted in precise conjectures regarding the interplay of these research fields (e.g. existence of Zariski dense entire curves should correspond to the (potential) density of rational points). Perhaps one of the conjectures which generated most activity in Kobayashi hyperbolicity theory is the one formed by Kobayashi himself in 1970 which predicts that a very general projective hypersurface of degree large eugh does t contain any (n-constant) entire curves. Since the seminal work of Green and Griffiths in 1979, later refined by J.-P. Demailly, J. Noguchi, Y.-T. Siu and others, it became clear that a possible general strategy to attack this problem was to look at particular algebraic differential equations (jet differentials) that every entire curve must satisfy. This has led to some several spectacular results. Describing the state of the art around this conjecture is the main goal of this work.
- Author BiographySimone Diverio is a 1st class CNRS researcher at the Institute of Mathematics of Jusseau - Paris Rive Gauche, France. He received his PhD (2008) jointly from the University of Grenoble I, France, and Sapienza University of Rome, Italy. In 2010 he was awarded the Prime d'Excellence Scientifique by the CNRS. Erwan Rousseau is a professor at Aix-Marseille University, France. He did his PhD at Brest University, France (2004), with post-doc studies at the University of Quebec, Canada and research at the University of Strasbourg (2010). In 2007, he was awarded the Cours Peccot du College de France.
- Author(s)Erwan Rousseau,Simone Diverio
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication12/07/2016
- LanguageEnglish & English
- Series TitleIMPA Monographs
- Series Part/Volume Number5
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note3 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight327 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.