All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.05
- AU $74.37Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $22.12Trending at AU $22.83
- AU $35.50Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.87
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.49
About this product
- DescriptionThis book focuses on -Convertibilidad-, the latest Argentine experience of exchange rate based stabilisation, and aims at isolating the main causes for its tragic collapse in 2001-2002. The characteristics of Argentina s high and hyperinflation during the 1980s are analysed, and the theory of currency boards is expounded. The stabilisation tool, an institutionally highly credible currency board arrangement (CBA), though highly effective, could t be an optimal long-term solution, given the country s structural and trade characteristics. The analysis of the causes of the CBA s collapse yields a complex picture of interacting factors, among them invaliding ones that had created multiple vulnerabilities over years, and triggering ones that unfolded their worst potential in meeting such vulnerable conditions.
- Author BiographyThe Author: After studies in international economics at the University of Hohenheim, Jutta Maute spent several years working with major German banks in the field of international finance.
- Author(s)Jutta Maute
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication01/09/2006
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleHohenheimer Volkswirtschaftliche Schriften
- Series Part/Volume Number56
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Content Notefig.
- Weight390 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.