All listings for this product
About this product
- Description<b>Hypsis For Running: Training Your Mind To Maximise Your Running Performance</b>is an evidence based book for all distance runners from ultra-marathon runners and seasoned athletes to beginners and those competing for the first time. It offers a wide range of ways to adopt mental strategies and improve running performance. Contained within this book is a wide array of goal setting principles and techniques, cognitive strategies, mental imagery processes and of course self-hypsis tuition. This work draws upon <ul><li>conventional sports psychology, </li><li>cognitive behavioural therapy, </li><li>rational emotive behaviour therapy</li><li>various other approaches</li></ul> combined with the author's lifetime of experience using and researching self-hypsis. The runner is shown how to: <ul><li>be motivated</li><li>control arousal levels</li><li>get in the zone</li><li>engage in mindfulness</li><li>gain a comprehensive insight into proven methods of running faster and better using the mind.</li></ul><b>Here is an excerpt from the Introduction to this book by Gary Turner, Ultra-Runner and 13 time World Champion Sportsman </b> When the draft of Adam's book dropped through my door the timing couldn't have been better. One week before my first ultra-marathon. I eagerly turned the pages and found it a compelling read. It completely captured my attention, as I'm sure it will yours. The information and kwledge, and the application of it, is first class. Being a fast reader I read it three times in as many days. I checked the contents, studied the steps, researched the reference material, and became a vastly better runner - just through the kwledge from the book alone. Then the real magic happened. I started to put into practice the steps in the book. I practiced dropping myself in and out of self-hypsis using Adam's methods. It was easy to achieve. I just followed his clear steps. From here I started to work through the book, one step at a time, carrying out all the self-hypsis applications he lists. My final loosening run, two days before my race, was one of my best runs ever. It just 'happened' that way. I didn't need to consciously think, I was just in a perfect state of 'flow'. The night before my Ultra-marathon I slept in my truck in a small village nestled amongst the Brecon Beacons. The huskies snuggled in against my sleeping bag to keep me warm and I dropped into self-hypsis one last time. I mentally rehearsed every part of the run. I went through the pre-race preparation, the terrain, and how I would easily get through every worst case situation I could think of. I mentally planned for every eventuality. I rehearsed my physical state throughout the race. I rehearsed my mental state, ensuring that I always maintained a smile especially for the tougher sections. I was t stepping into the unkwn. I had made it kwn. ............... I am an Ultra-Runner. I love the sound of that. I feel even better about it when I consider the terrain that I had covered. The Brecon Beacons are used for UK 22 Regiment SAS training for a good reason - the environment is tough! I ran 42 miles across those mountains. This is the type of event where if your mind is t right you would t finish. Luckily, thanks to carefully preparing and using the guidance of this book, I t only finished, I enjoyed every single step along the way - as could you by applying the kwledge in this amazing book.
- Author BiographyAdam Eason has been running marathons since 2000. In that time he has run some very fast marathons and some very slow ones but has relied on his mental skills to help him throughout. As a UK athletics registered and licensed running coach as well as a clinical hypnotherapist, this book combines two of his great passions. Author of a number of books on the subject of hypnosis, creator of many hypnosis audio programmes that sell globally, and principal of a prominent hypnotherapy training school, he has lectured on the subjects of hypnosis and self-hypnosis around the world. He lives with his family on the South Coast of England where he loves to run along the sea front.
- Author(s)Adam Eason
- PublisherAwake Media Productions Ltd
- Date of Publication01/02/2013
- SubjectAthletics & Gymnastics
- Place of PublicationPoole
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAwake Media Productions Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight522 g
- Width149 mm
- Height209 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.18
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.37
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.