All listings for this product
About this product
- Description<b>A young woman seeks to avenge her brother's death by becoming an Apache warrior and learns a startling truth about her own identity.</b> After watching helplessly as Mexican raiders brutally murder her little brother, fourteen-year-old Siki is filled with a desire for vengeance and chooses to turn away from a woman's path to become a warrior of her Apache tribe. Though some men, like envious Keste, wish to see Siki fail, she passes test after test, and her skills grow under the guidance of her tribe's greatest warrior, Golahka. But Keste begins to whisper about Siki's father's dishorable death, and even as Siki earns her place among the warriors, she senses a dark secret in her past one that will throw into doubt everything she kws. Taking readers on a sweeping and suspenseful journey through the nineteenth-century American Southwest, Tanya Landman draws on historical accounts to imagine the Black Mountain Apache as a tribe in a fight for survival against the devastating progress of nations.
- Author BiographyTanya Landman runs the Storybox Theatre in England and is known there for her many books for children. I AM APACHE is her first book for older readers. She lives in Devon, England.
- Author(s)Tanya Landman
- PublisherCandlewick Press (MA)
- Date of Publication01/08/2008
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCandlewick Press (MA)
- Weight404 g
- Width162 mm
- Height202 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $12.05
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.11
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $19.18Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $20.41Trending at AU $30.97
- AU $19.94Trending at AU $23.06
- AU $19.43Trending at AU $23.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.