All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe story of the making of Spartacus, the film that, due primarily to producer Douglas's open crediting of Dalton Trumbo as film's screenwriter, effectively ended the torious Hollywood blacklist of the 1940s and '50s.
- Author BiographyKirk Douglas is a renowned actor whose work on and off the screen has been rewarded by three Academy Award nominations, an Oscar for Lifetime Achievement, and the Medal of Freedom.Through his production company, Bryna, Douglas has produced acclaimed films such as The Vikings, Lonely Are the Brave, Paths of Glory, and Seven Days in May. He haspenned ten novels and memoirs, including The Ragman s Son (1988). His 1960 epic, Spartacus, based on the Howard Fast novel of the same name, is credited with helping to end the practice of blacklisting film professionals who had refused to cooperate with the House Un-American Activities Committee. Douglas appeared insome-ninety movies before retiring from film acting in 2004. In 2009, he starred in an autobiographical one-man show called Before I Forget at the Center Theatre Group s Kirk Douglas Theatre in Los Angeles. Douglas maintains an active life in Beverly Hills and Montecito, where he resides with his beloved wife Anne.
- Author(s)Kirk Douglas
- PublisherOpen Road Media
- Date of Publication12/06/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: The Arts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOpen Road Media
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight290 g
- Width141 mm
- Height217 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.36Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.16Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.48Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.67Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $38.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.