All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn <em>I Can Learn from You</em>, Michael Reichert and Richard Hawley - the authors of <em>Reaching Boys, Teaching Boys</em> - set out to probe deeply into the relational dynamics that help boys succeed as learners. Drawing on interviews with students and teachers in thirty-five schools across six countries, they examine the particular ways boys extend and receive empathy - modes of interaction that remain consistent across a wide range of schools, teachers, countries, and cultures. The book shows how teachers can help boys form productive learning relationships and how schools can support the development of teachers' relational capacities. At the heart of the book is the belief that educators must - and can - put relational teaching at the centre of school life.
- Author Biography<strong>Michael Reichert</strong> is executive director of the Center for the Study of Boys' and Girls' Lives, a national research collaborative of independent schools in partnership with the University of Pennsylvania.<br><br><strong>Richard Hawley</strong> is headmaster emeritus of Cleveland's University School, where for four decades he taught, counselled, and coached middle and high school boys.
- Author(s)Michael Reichert,Richard A. Hawley
- PublisherHarvard Educational Publishing Group
- Date of Publication30/03/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleYouth Development and Education Series
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard Educational Publishing Group
- Weight277 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $17.80Trending at AU $22.39
- AU $43.34Trending at AU $44.65
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $37.27
- AU $25.64Trending at AU $34.27
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.66
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.