Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.60
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.88
- AU $67.16Trending at AU $74.80
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.70
- AU $41.00Trending at AU $43.56
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.74
- AU $27.95Trending at AU $29.71
About this product
- DescriptionBarry Halpern, a hard-working, successful New Jersey surgeon, is finally starting to see clearly about everything in his life. After twenty-three years of living with his narcissistic wife's indiscretions, he decides he can longer tolerate her obsessive behavior. As he reenters bachelorhood, Barry refuses to be socially stagnant-a choice eventually leads him in a completely new direction. After a lengthy, self-imposed hiatus from committed relationships, Barry travels to France, where he suddenly falls in love with Monique Girard, a beautiful art conservator and the widow of a French government agent mysteriously killed a year earlier. For a time, he shuttles between New Jersey and France and attempts to convince Monique and her teenage daughter to emigrate to America. And then Monique suddenly disappears one day, leaving Barry with answers or idea of what has happened. Driven by fear of losing his last chance at true love, Barry returns to Paris and partners with a French agent to find her, unaware of what they are about to uncover. As an American doctor on a dangerous chase to locate his French lover is unwittingly led straight into the clutches of an international mob, he soon discovers he can count on only one person: himself.
- Author(s)Barry Altman MD
- Date of Publication16/12/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight254 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.