All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the first biography of Ginsberg since his death in 1997 and the only one to cover the entire span of his life, Ginsberg's archivist Bill Morgan draws on his deep kwledge of Ginsberg's largely unpublished private journals to give readers an unparalleled and finely detailed portrait of one of America's most famous poets. Morgan sheds new light on some of the pivotal aspects of Ginsberg's life, including the poet's associations with other members of the Beat Generation, his complex relationship with his lifelong partner, Peter Orlovsky, his involvement with Tibetan Buddhism, and above all his genius for living.
- Author BiographyBill Morgan is a painter and archival consultant. He is the author of The Beat Generation in New York: A Walking Tour of Jack Kerouac's City, The Beat Generation in San Francisco: A Literary Tour, and edited Deliberate Prose: Selected Essays of Allen Ginsberg 1952-1995. Also for October 2006 publication, he has edited Ginsberg's The Book of Martrydom and Artifice: First Journals and Poems, 1937-1952, with Jaunita Lieberman-Plimpton, as well as Howl on Trial: the Battle for Free Expression.
- Author(s)Bill Morgan
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication06/12/2007
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Out-of-print date20/05/2013
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight740 g
- Width153 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine40 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.93
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.65
- AU $32.93Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.93
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $32.07
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.73
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.