All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBlofeld compiled this 1963 translation of the Book of Changes (Yi Jing) intending to present primarily the divinatory aspects of the I Ching in the tes and explanatory chapters. In his efforts he had the assistance of several learned native Chinese I Ching scholars. As useful as it is informative, the book includes t only the text and commentaries for all 64 hexagrams (with changing lines), but as well the background of the Book of Change, its symbolical basis, method of divination and guide to interpretation; and a variety of tables and diagrams for assisting interpretation. Blofeld's translation is easier to understand than any other version of this classic.
- Author BiographyBlofeld was born in London in 1913 and lived a large part of his life in China and Hong Kong. He was a practising Buddhist all his life and wrote extensively about Asian philosophies - particularly Taoism and Chinese Buddhism. He died in Bangkok in 1987.
- Date of Publication30/05/1991
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Out-of-print date25/10/2004
- Weight300 g
- Width133 mm
- Height191 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byJohn Blofeld
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.