Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $35.58Trending at AU $38.59
- AU $34.99Trending at AU $35.72
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $51.08
- AU $10.71Trending at AU $14.33
- AU $10.71Trending at AU $16.23
- AU $15.63Trending at AU $24.25
- AU $11.30Trending at AU $13.76
About this product
- DescriptionWritten as an autobiography, <i>I, Claudius</i> tells the tale of the bleman Claudius, who is abhorred for his physical infirmities and viewed by his family as little more than a stuttering fool. The mask of idiocy ultimately serves him well: viewed as too insignificant to bother with, Claudius quietly survives the cruelties, intrigues, and bloody purges of the imperial Roman dynasties. From the sidelines, he observes the reigns of its emperors, from the wise Augustus and his wicked wife Livia to the sadistic Tiberius and the excessive Caligula. This historically accurate and vastly entertaining vel paints a vivid picture of the ancient world in all its madness and debauchery, highlighting the complexities and politics inherent in Empire-building. First published in 1934, it endures as one of literature's most celebrated and compelling historical vels.
- Author Biography<b>Robert Graves</b> (1895-1985) was a British poet, novelist, and critic. He isthe author of <i>Goodbye to All That</i>, and the critical study of myth and poetry, <i>The White Goddess</i>.
- Author(s)Robert Graves
- PublisherCSA Word
- Date of Publication01/08/2008
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCSA Word
- Weight204 g
- Width130 mm
- Height150 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Read byDerek Jacobi
- Contained items statement4 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time300
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.