All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHere is happily ever after except when things aren t happy, and when ever after is abruptly terminated by divorce, tragedy . . . or even murder. With her large-hearted understanding of how movies and audiences work, leading film historian Jeanine Basinger traces the many ways Hollywood has tussled with the tricky subject of marriage, explicating the relationships of countless marriages from Blondie and Dagwood to the heartrending couple in the Iranian A Separation, from Coach and his wife in Friday Night Lights to Tracy and Hepburn, and even to Laurel and Hardy (a marriage if ever there was one). A treasure trove of insight and sympathy, illustrated with scores of wonderfully telling movie stills, posters, and ads.
- Author BiographyJeanine Basinger is the chair of film studies at Wesleyan University and the curator of the cinema archives there. She has written nine other books on film, including A Woman s View: How Hollywood Spoke to Women, 1930 1960 ; Silent Stars, winner of the William K. Everson Film History Award; Anthony Mann ; The World War II Combat Film: Anatomy of a Genre ; and American Cinema: One Hundred Years of Filmmaking, the companion book for a ten-part PBS series.
- Author(s)Jeanine Basinger
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication27/03/2014
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVintage Books
- Out-of-print date24/11/2015
- Content Note139 photos
- Weight399 g
- Width132 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine23 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.85Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.43Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.