All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'Often, at the hour of day when the savannah grass is streaked with silver, and pale gold rims the silhouettes of the hills, I drive with my dogs up to the Mukutan, to watch the sun setting behind the lake, and the evening shadows settle over the valleys and plains of the Laikipia plateau.' Kuki Gallmann's haunting memoir of bringing up a family in Kenya in the 1970s first with her husband Paulo, and then alone, is part elegaic celebration, part tragedy, and part love letter to the magical spirit of Africa.
- Author BiographyKuki Gallmann was born near Venice and moved to Kenya in 1972 with her husband and young son. Following their deaths, she set up the Gallmann Memorial Foundation to promote new ways of combining development and conservation, and to provide sponsorship for the education of Kenyans. I Dreamed of Africa was first published in 1991 to international acclaim and it became a world-wide bestseller. Her subsequent books, African Nights and Night of the Lions, were also published by Penguin. She lives in Kenya with her daughter and her dogs.
- Author(s)Kuki Gallmann
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication06/09/2007
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Weight293 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.06
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.78
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.44
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.49
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.41
- AU $30.84Trending at AU $33.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.