All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
About this product
- DescriptionBorn Ilse Kussel in Berlin in 1923, Ayya grew up in a prosperous Jewish family that was broken up by Nazi terror. After many adventures, she became involved in Buddhism, and she is w one of the most widely respected of contemporary Buddhist teachers. This is her story.
- Author BiographyVen. Ayya Khema was born into a Jewish family in Berlin in 1923. After leading an active life in the world--including marriage and children in America and adventure in South America, Asia and Australia--she turned seriously to spiritual practice in her forties. In 1979, she was ordained a Theravadin Buddhist nun, receiving the name khema, meaning safety and security (ayya means sister ). Ayya Khema established a forest monastery near Sidney, Australia; a training center for nuns in Colombo, Sri Lanka; and Buddha-Haus, a meditation center in the Allgau, Germany. Among her books are When the Iron Eagle Flies; Being Nobody, Going Nowhere; and Who is My Self?; and an autobiography, I Give You My Life. She passed away in 1997.
- Author(s)Ayya Khema
- PublisherShambhala Publications Inc
- Date of Publication01/09/2000
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintShambhala Publications Inc
- Out-of-print date14/12/2011
- Content Noteill
- Weight280 g
- Width138 mm
- Height219 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.