All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe author's 1988 vel, Transformations, told the story of a young geneticist who wanted to root out and replace the human species' more unsavory character traits. But he found himself part of an experiment by advance beings who revealed the real inner-workings of human evolution as self-transcendence. Twenty-five years later, after the themes of transhumanism, its peril and its hope, have been bandied about by authors of every stripe, Nelson revisits these themes in I, Human. Set in the Brave New World of the late 21st century, most everyone has neural implants that have raised average I.Q.s to 200 plus and monitor one's activities. The downside is they suppress feelings and intuition and are causing massive emotional breakdowns among the tech elites. This sets the stage for Alan Reynard and his journey from callous transhuman to a feeling-oriented Intuitive. Fitted with an experimental processor, he infiltrates a borny village to discover the secrets of its spiritual healers. Having lost the ability to program integrative functioning, his superiors hope Reynard's processing can rectify this deficit and save their society...
- Author BiographyJohn Nelson is a former editorial director and now owner of Bookworks Limit. He is the author of Starborn, Matrix of the Gods and the award winning The Magic Mirror.
- Author(s)John Nelson
- PublisherJohn Hunt Publishing
- Date of Publication27/05/2016
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Place of PublicationRopley
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCosmic Egg Books
- Weight335 g
- Width143 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $68.88Trending at AU $78.76
- AU $40.37Trending at AU $43.73
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $23.91Trending at AU $26.88
- AU $11.39Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $19.14Trending at AU $24.11
- AU $13.26Trending at AU $16.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.