All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.16
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $32.99Trending at AU $40.00
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume addresses the function and impact of vision and dream accounts in the Hebrew Bible. The contributors explore the exegetical, rhetorical, and structural aspects of the vision and dream accounts in the Hebrew Bible, focusing on prophetic vision reports. Several contributors employ a diachronic approach as they explore the textual relationship between the vision reports and the oracular material. Others focus on the rhetorical aspects of the vision reports in their final form and discuss why vision reporting may be used to convey a message. Ather approach employed looks at reception history and investigates how this type of text has been understood by past exegetes. A few chapters consider the inter-textual relationship of the various vision reports in the Hebrew Bible, focusing on shared themes and motifs. There are also papers that deal with the ways in which select texts in the Hebrew Bible portray dream/vision interpreters and their activities.
- Author BiographyDr Elizabeth R. Hayes is Affiliate Professor of Old Testament at Fuller Theological Seminary, USA. She has written on Jeremiah and Ezekiel, with special interest in reception history and in cognitive linguistics as a hermeneutical strategy. Dr Lena-Sofia Tiemeyer is Senior Lecturer in Hebrew Bible at the University of Aberdeen, Scotland, UK. She has written widely on the prophetic literature, including two full-length monographs, on aspects of Isaiah, Ezekiel, and Zechariah.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication28/01/2016
- SubjectReligious Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleThe Library of Hebrew Bible/Old Testament Studies
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintT.& T.Clark Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight389 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byElizabeth R. Hayes,Lena-Sofia Tiemeyer
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.