I Like Being Married: Treasured Traditions, Rituals and Stories by Michael Leach, Therese J Borchard (Paperback, 2004)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $22.88+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $13.95Free postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by expressbooksaustralia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $27.80Trending at AU $30.75
- AU $21.95Trending at AU $26.80
- AU $29.31Trending at AU $31.85
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.91
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.68
- AU $26.39Trending at AU $26.97
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the reflections of famous people and the stories of everyday folk to classic love letters and contemporary ten best lists, this delightfully eclectic treasury shines a spotlight on the many joys of marriage. <i>I</i><i>Like Being Married</i> is the ultimate celebration of the ties that keep loving couples together in good times and bad. With a guest list that includes Paul Newman and Joannne Woodward, Nancy and Ronald Reagan, Queen Victoria, George Burns, and Secretary of State Colin Powell (to name just a few); poetic tributes from Homer, Shakespeare, and Elizabeth Barrett Browning; and wedding readings from the Bible and other religious traditions, it captures the magic and deep-seated sense of commitment at the heart of married life. <i>I Like Being Married </i>shows that the institution of marriage is integral to our common humanity. There are heartwarming stories of courtship including Mikhail Gorbachev s charming Chasing Raisa and Rosalyn Carter s story of meeting Jimmy for the first time. Jerry Stiller, Celine Dion, and others who have broken the rules describe how they overcame family expectations, age differences, and other obstacles to wed the people they love. In moving and amusing portraits, husbands and wives reveal the qualities and the quirks that make their mates endearing, and vignettes by Ruby Dee, Roy Rogers, and Walter Payton capture the special joys that children bring to a marriage. Long-married couples look back on a lifetime of love and look forward to the future with hope. Lists of the ten best books, songs, movies, and sitcoms about marriage, along with evocative illustrations, round off this unusual, multifaceted look at marital bliss. Filled with stories, memories, and musings, <i>I Like Being Married</i> is t only an ideal gift for showers, weddings, and anniversaries but is the perfect way to explore the true meaning of marriage.
- Author Biography<b>MICHAEL LEACH</b> and <b>THERESE J. BORCHARD </b>are the editors of <i>I Like Being Catholic</i>. Michael Leach, the executive director of Orbis Books, has edited and published numerous award-winning books. He lives in Greenwich, Connecticut. Therese Borchard has written seventeen books, including <i>Winging It: Meditations of a Young Adult</i> and the acclaimed children s books series The Emerald Bible Collection. She lives in Annapolis, Maryland. <i>From the Hardcover edition.</i>
- Author(s)Michael Leach,Therese J Borchard
- PublisherBantam Doubleday Dell Publishing Group Inc
- Date of Publication01/04/2004
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintImage Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width140 mm
- Height219 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.