All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $132.35Trending at AU $138.02
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.90Trending at AU $31.55
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.06
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $50.95
About this product
- DescriptionIs it possible to emerge unscathed from an evangelical upbringing? Yes, as surely as David slew Goliath! I Love to Tell the Story is Susan Barnett Braun's account of growing up Baptist in a small midwestern town, touching on many cultural icons common to those who came of age in the 1970s. Braun recounts childhood obstacles, which loom as large as the walls of Jericho in her eyes. She encounters a trio of Sunday school mean girls who make King Herod look tame. She worries about being ugly as sin due to her chubbiness, glasses, and braces. She's so consumed with the idea of Jesus' imminent return that she wonders whether it's even worthwhile to brush her teeth at night. Humorous, poignant, and ultimately triumphant, I Love to Tell the Story will stay with readers long after the last Vacation Bible School craft stick cross has fallen apart.
- Author BiographySusan Barnett Braun grew up in the small town of Seymour, Indiana, and lived the events of I Love to Tell the Story. She earned a BA in retail management from Indiana University and an MA in elementary Education from the University of Alabama. She taught elementary school for eight years in northwest Indiana, writing grant proposals which won a Lilly Endowment Teacher Creativity Fellowship and a National Endowment for the Humanities Summer Study Scholarship. After becoming a mom to three daughters, Susan found her calling in the home for several years. But as her children grew up, Susan returned to writing. She has had work published in Parents, Children's Ministry, The Secret Place, Evangel, and Standard. She also writes online as a Featured Arts & Entertainment writer for Yahoo/OMG and blogs at Girls in White Dresses.
- Author(s)Susan Barnett Braun
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication03/12/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Religious & Spiritual
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight290 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.